Friday, March 19, 2010

Goodbye Mike (Remembering Michael Jackson)

Mike.... My oldest friend. I have known you since my mom was rockin Off The Wall when I was in her womb. I remember rollerskating in the rink when I was in kindergarten (1982) and hearing Billie Jean for the first time. That moment was HUGE. You rode with me on our family road trip across the USA the WHOLE way. I had to have listened to all your albums to date an infinite amount of times on that trip. I remember seeing you do the moonwalk on TV for the first time and trying to copy it that night in my socks on the kitchen tiles. My brother always did it better than me. He used to be able to dance like you when we were kids and I always flipped out. I always knew you had a good heart man. You never would do ANYONE harm. I never doubted you. Ever. I always had your back even when everyone else was talking trash. I didnt care. You meant too much to me to say bad things. I know a lot of people will praise you and tell you how much you meant to them, but you really have no idea how important you are to me. Thank you forever my friend I cannot thank you enough. I wish I could have met you. That was always a dream of mine. But I will soon meet you in another place. When I get there you gotta show me how to get that muscle control so I can bust out a flawless spin to moonwalk combo. I Think this song (Human Nature) is one of your best. Its one of my top 3. I know a lot of young folks wont like it as much as I do, but I dont care. This song always gave me that tingle in my spine ...



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wb_BpuGkeTo&hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment